Saturday, March 13, 2021

I'm Back! (Hopefully for good this time!)

 Hey all! 

I wanted to check in (a couple years late, I know).  I have some big news: I've been chosen as an amateur book reviewer by Paper Raven Books.  A few days ago, my grandmother and I were talking about my latest book (The Gilded Ones by Namina Forna, if anyone is wondering), and she told me that I should be a book reviewer.  This was, I'm sure, a polite way of saying that she doesn't need to hear from me every time I finish a book, or at least not for the ones she wouldn't also enjoy.  Anyway, that got me thinking- I am a pretty opinionated person, an avid reader, and a fan of getting free books.  So I applied to be a book reviewer for Paper Raven Books Review Team.  I just found out that I've been accepted!  

So what does that have to do with this blog?

Well, the primary platform for my reviews will be the Amazon Kindle webpage.  However, I've decided to revamp this blog as well.  In addition to the in-depth analyses I've been writing, I will also be writing a short and sweet new segment called "Rant & Rave," where I will discuss what I loved and hated about each book I read.  These segments will be spoiler free- so no need to read the book before you read them.  For most books, the Rant & Rave review will be enough coverage, but if I feel like a book needs (or deserves) more detailed coverage, I'll also write a detailed analysis for the book. As always, the detailed analyses will have spoilers.

That being said, my first Rant & Rave will be The Gilded Ones by Namina Forna. Expect to see that in the next week or so (potentially as early as tonight). Talk to you soon! 

Dana

No comments:

Post a Comment

Rant & Rave- The Darker the Skies by Bryan Prosek

Hi All! It's been a while since my last post. I've had a busy summer and cheer season, but I'm back with an upcoming release fr...