Wednesday, March 17, 2021

A Quick Post About Me (and an update on my reading list)

 Hi all! 

Since it's been a couple years since I first started this blog, I figured I'd give a personal update along with information about my next couple books.  

I still work in a lab as a certified asphalt binder technician, and I am in training to become a laboratory manager in the next couple years. On the home front, I have a wonderful boyfriend (who leaves supportive comments on here without realizing I know it's him), a superb group of friends, and of course my two favorite kitties, Magpie and Calley.  

In my free time, besides reading, I enjoy playing Dungeons & Dragons, MTG and Legends of Runeterra (when I'm in the right mood), and cooperative board games.  I also appreciate a weekly yoga class and jog a couple times a week, although I'm not sure I would say that I "enjoy" jogging.  Streaming services and the occasional video game are another way I spend my free time.  This past year I coached a youth cheer and dance team as well, and that was exciting because it gave me an opportunity to do something I love- choreographing dance routines- as well as help teach values and self-worth to promising young women. 

 But, back to the topic at hand- reading.  I am currently reading a book I will be reviewing for Paper Raven Books called The Prophesy.  It is the first book in the Tuar Tums Trilogy by Phil Asmundson. It is a cross between sci-fi, mystery, and fantasy.  You can expect to see a Rant & Rave about it in the next week or so. After that, I will be reading Vita Nostra by Mariana and Sergey Dyachenko, and translated (from Russian) by Julia Meitov Hersey.  This book has excellent reviews, and has been described as "dark Harry Potter on steroids with a hefty dose of metaphysics."  Honestly, with that description, who wouldn't want to read it?  That Rant & Rave will be further out, and the book may even inspire a full analysis post.

As always, feel free to read along with me if you think a book sounds interesting and share your thoughts in the comments! 

Dana


No comments:

Post a Comment

Rant & Rave- The Darker the Skies by Bryan Prosek

Hi All! It's been a while since my last post. I've had a busy summer and cheer season, but I'm back with an upcoming release fr...